Thursday 15 August 2013

COMPTON VERNEY ART GALLERY

We visited Compton Verney art gallery, which is near where my grandma and grandad live. First, we looked at the pictures in the gallery. I liked the landscape pictures of the volcanoes. They were painted by artists during the 1800s. We did some art activities:

CAMERA OBSCURA
I really liked using the camera obscura to copy the landscape outside. It works by mirrors.


OUTSIDE
Lots of people had made a shop using only felt tip pens and bits of cardboard. I made Claire's Accessories.




MAKE UP YOUR OWN COLOURS
I made up my own colours. The lady asked us to give them names, which I did not have time to do because I decided to paint a landscape. The outline of the landscape was copied from a painting by the famous painter Constable.










2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you had such a lovely visit to Compton Verney, it is a lovely Gallery in a beautiful setting I just wish they would change the exhibitions more so I could justify going more often! The Camera Obscura seems very popular it is very clever isn't it. I like your Constable painting too, did you see the exhibition of British landscapes while you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think we saw the exhibition of British landscapes, although I would probably have like to.

    ReplyDelete